Current & Upcoming Programmes (Educators)
Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
Singapore Repertory Theatre comes to your school/ organisation with an exciting professional development course that will introduce you to using active, arts-based approaches to teaching in your classroom. We will use the familiar stories from literacy curricula to explore various drama activities and conventions that can be transferred to other areas of learning and child development.
- To explore arts-based activities that can be used with for teaching and learning in various areas of the curriculum.
- To explore, collectively, the possible learning outcomes of these activities and approaches in connection with various areas of a child’s development.
- Participants will begin to understand the processes and elements within drama that make it an effective tool for teaching and learning.
- Participants will gain a collection of active, drama-based strategies and activities to use in their classrooms.
- Participants will begin to understand the possible uses of these strategies and approaches so as to be able to adapt them for other purposes in their classrooms.
Who should participate?
Teachers of N1- P2 (ages 3-8 years)
A classroom/ studio at your school/organisation
Please contact our Learning & Engagement Manager, Paul for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6221 5585.