The Production Manager will report to SRT’s Deputy Artistic Director and work on all shows produced by the SRT group. This will include approximately 10 productions a season encompassing plays, musicals, children’s theatre and foreign presentations and will offer the opportunity to work with a wide variety of local and international creatives and performers.
Job responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide general support to SRT’s Deputy Artistic Director in carrying out her responsibilities.
- Oversee scheduling and staffing for all aspects of show production.
- Manage and monitor all production-related expenses.
- Work with designers to creatively solve all technical and financial challenges.
- Realise designs on time and on budget.
- Lead production meetings and attend all technical rehearsals and previews.
- Oversee construction, load-in, and strike of production related scenery, costumes, lighting, sound, etc.
- Oversee facilities construction as needed.
- Oversee maintenance, care, acquisitions, rentals and loans of production-related equipment.
- Ensure a full production archive is created for each production.
- Ensure that storage warehouse is organised and catalogued.
- Assist on SRT fundraisers, annual Theatre Ball and FOH duties.
Applicants must have
- Strong understanding of all areas of technical theatre production.
- Experience leading production teams on at least 5 mid-scale professional theatrical productions, with a hands-on approach to management.
- Proven ability to manage production expenditure and work within approved budget.
- Proven ability to manage production schedules and ability to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Proven ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong self-motivation and work ethic.
- Ability to identify, plan and accomplish project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of varying levels of experience.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Enthusiasm for the collaborative process and working as a team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Must be able to speak and write clearly in English. Proficiency with other languages is a plus.
- Clear organized thinking, showing accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative and practical approach to problem-solving.
- Fully computer literate, in particular proficiency with Microsoft Excel and CAD software.
- Willingness to adapt to different job requirements and working hours when required.
- Interest in the work produced by SRT.
Work to commence second half 2017. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.